Irritation, a defensive mechanism that can turn against you!
Whether we like it or not, we have been able to verify on many occasions that it is inevitable, probably because annoyance is a natural tool of our evolution that allows us to face the injustices we perceive. But it can turn against us and block our thoughts, our words, our actions if we let it grow in us either :
- without expressing it because we don’t like to show annoyance in public, it can be very quickly badly perceived by the outside people.
- or by expressing it, but that it was not heard, understood and that we remain focused on what generated the source of the problem.
In our society, this emotion is unfairly treated. However, expressing it allows us to better understand what bothers us, gives us the opportunity to analyze ourselves, to find a certain balance in our well-being and to say what does not suit us.
Why am I annoyed?
Irritation is a human emotion that often arises unexpectedly and when:
How does it manifest itself?
On the mental side, we have all experienced at least one of these symptoms in our lives:
- Repeatedly, annoyance can develop anxiety, phobias, compulsive behavior, withdrawal…
- It can decrease our concentration and creativity. It is difficult to move forward positively in a project or a job while repeating an annoyance. It takes all your energy if it lasts…
- It can make us consume more products with strong dependence, like food products too sweet or salty, cigarettes…
But it can also have long term impacts on the physical side like :
- Gastric inflammation (reflux and heartburn, ulcers);
- Muscular pains, with the increase of stress and its effects in the body by secreting much more adrenalin, a hormone harmful in the long run for our serenity and our calmness, and making accumulate muscular tension especially at the level of the back, shoulders and neck.
- Skin rashes and itching can appear
- Destabilize the liver, the gall bladder and the heart (risks of infarction; cardiovascular diseases…
How do you make it go away?
Here are a few tips to help you do just that:
The more these tricks become part of our life habits, the more beneficial they become in our daily life and in a natural way.
Setting up a new rhythm of life, evolving in our way of acting and thinking is not or let’s say not so natural anymore even if we feel the need to do so more and more. This is why holistic medicine is more and more in demand. Complete methods such as sophrology are real assets to facilitate the path, the path to oneself.
Christelle Marchetti Veclin
To find out more, I suggest you give it a try. I’m organizing a “Sophro Escape 1 – Goodbye Fatigue” workshop in Moncton on November 12, 2022 in French. I look forward to seeing you there!